: Head Teller
Provide service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank.
WORK SCHEDULE: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices
- Process savings withdrawals
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity
- Identify counterfeit currency
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies
- Cross-sell bank products and services
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Issue personal money orders, cashier’s checks, and gift cards, and sell American Express Travelers Checks (single & multiple signer)
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied, clean, and secured.
- Balance drawer daily
- Balance ATM
- Process cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Prepare money shipment for Fed and Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills either verbally, written, by phone or in person
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud
- Require good analytical, logical reasoning skills
- Mathematical skills as well as 10-key calculator skills
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies
- Basic knowledge of bank loan, trust, and investment center products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with Co-workers and work effectively in a team environment.
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills either verbally or written
- Organizational skills
- Ability to stay focused during interruptions and distractions
- Knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Biley Act, Regulation E and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act
- Require minimal proofing errors
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of coin
- Required to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Require professional appearance, dress, and good attitude
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred.
- Prior Customer Service experience.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 817-598-4901 attention Lee Ann Neal